Welcome to Bladehall

Bladehall is a dedicated haven for all those interested in knives, swords, and other bladed arms.
News Ticker
  • LIIMTED TIME: New members will receive a $5 credit for Classifieds advertisements!

Please review the rules HERE before participating in the Classifieds or Forums.

Rhema

My Recent Commissions

Here is one of my recent 1st Century Roman Mainz Gladius Sword and Scabbard Commissions.  

I have become known amongst the Museums, Archeologists, Historians, Reenactors, Corporate and Private Collectors for my Historical Accuracy.  Every Blade and Scabbard I create is totally hand made with the utmost study and research materials, writings, measurements, archeological discoveries and examples found in Roman Art and Sculpture.

I also do customized and personalized works for my clients.  Making that special "Dream Piece" or "Vision" a manifestation that I can place in their hand.  Each piece is special and unique to the clients needs and desires.  

This Sword and Scabbard were created for a Client who is a 1st Century Roman Re-enactor.  He portrays a Roman Centurion in Germany.   

The blade is a Historically accurate Roman Fulham Style Blade made from 1085 High Carbon Steel and hardened/tempered to 55hrc.  

The Hilt is totally hand carved pieces that replicate the archeological discoveries that are on display in the Vindonissa Museum.  The Pommel, Grip and Guard are hand carved from European Boxwood as were those that were discovered.  There is a solid brass Guardplate that has been personalized to the client's character.  The Pommel finial is cast brass here in my shop.  The blade is fully tanged and the hilt is peened to the blade, no threaded nuts.

The scabbard is also Historically Accurate.  The core of the scabbard is made of basswood and lined for a smooth draw and insertion.  It is covered in Veg-Tanned Leather and dyed in Royal Blue.  All of the metal components are made of brass.  The Locket Plate, Terminal Plate, and Chape Plate are all hand made with the hand crafted art of Repousse~.  The Chape Plate is also cut away as in the original to allow the leather show through.  The Suspension rings and Chape Finial are hand made and cast here in my shop through the lost wax casting process.

Everything is made from raw materials right here in my shop, I am a one man operation.  Nothing is manufactured other than the thin brass sheet metal prior to the Repousee` 

1.2 .jpg

2.6 .jpg

3.1 .jpg

3.4 .jpg

3.5 .jpg

• Like 3

This is an incredible piece of work!  Probably the most intricately detailed gladius hilt I've ever seen - masterfully worked and historically accurate too - Damn!!!  Much respect to you, Rhema... tinged with envy... 

John Greybeard... Thank you so much.  If you liked this one,  you are going to like the Mainz and Scabbard I am currently making which is matched to a Pugio and Scabbard.  If you'd like a sneak peek look at my facebook page: Master Carver and Maritime Artist Patrick B. Pointer.  The name of the page is old and FB won't let me change it... but the content is new and up to date.  There are also videos and tutorials on the page.  I also do a few give-aways now and then for a lucky member that follows the page and "Likes" it.  I give a certain notification and people have a designated time to respond to be a part of the give away.  I will be doing it again when the page reaches 2000 followers.

• Like 1